A GREEN MISSION
Sea Wolf Adventures is a Green, Conservation driven Eco-Tourism small ship cruise adventure company.
As rugged as it appears, Southeast Alaska's environment in reality, encompasses hundreds of vulnerable ecosystems. These systems, in the air and on land and water are melded together by fragile food webs that support the amazing flora and fauna that makes up this part of planet earth. On our natural history cruises we explore the glacial fjords- traveling to where new life is attaching itself to barren, glacial scrubbed rock and then following the succession of plant and animal life in Glacier Bay National Park. Our expert naturalists share with you not only their botany, geology, wild and marine life knowledge but past and current climate science about the wilderness- it's known affects and possible outcomes. Immersing yourself into a pristine wilderness brings home to each person how there are not many places left like this in the world. Most harbor a dream of rebuiding fractured ecosystems in our own neighborhoods, towns, states and countries -in a sustainable and green plan which promotes healthy lifestyles for humans and a future for all living things. You can make a difference.
Sea Wolf Adventures Green Sustainable Operating Plan
- M.V. Sea Wolf has minimal ambient noise (underwater)so has a low disturbance rate to marine mammals
- Minimal use of plastics with an annual reduction plan as new materials become available
- Meet or exceed EPA standards for black and grey water disposal
- Recycle all garbage, recycle materials and food waste at Gustavus Recycle
- Use Eco-Friendly cleaning supplies
- Our engine in combination with a generator uses 12 gallons of Diesel per hour. We are investigating carbon footprint reductions and programs
- Use a paperless communication, marketing and accounting system
Flora and Fauna Stewardship
- Follow the guidelines of the "Marine Mammal Viewing Code of Conduct" as published by the National Marine Fisheries Service
- Practice "Leave no Trace" principals
- Follow wildlife viewing guides set by Glacier Bay National Park.
- Support various organizations through monetary donations.
Supporting Community (I am a local and live in Gustavus year round)
- Purchase local produce from Gustavus and Alaskan community growers
- Purchase our seafoods from local commercial fisherman
- Hire locals for crew
- We support the 3, 4 &5 grade classes through science supplies and an annual vessel expedition for science that supports a year long class project
- We host an annual giving Christmas program
- Provide educational opportunities to our local students and summer college interns.
- The Sea Wolf is an active wheelchair accessible vessel. We have a fund though Craig Hospital foundation to raise funds for trips for wheelers.
- We support Rain Coast Conservation, Nature Conservancy and other NGO through trips and monetary donations.
Back to the Top